The 2022 Interdisciplinary Plant Group Symposium will focus on "Enhancing the Resilience of Plant Systems to Climate Change". The symposium will be held at the Christopher S. Bond Life Sciences Center on the Columbia campus of the University of Missouri from May 25 - 27, 2022.
The managed and natural plant systems that sustain human life on Earth face dire challenges posed by global environmental change. Increasing concentrations of atmospheric greenhouse gases since the industrial revolution have caused rapid changes in climate. Understanding how plants respond to the combination of elevated carbon dioxide, warming temperatures, increasing atmospheric aridity and more variable precipitation is crucial towards developing more resilient crops, and for understanding how natural ecosystems will cope with rapidly evolving environmental conditions.
The meeting program will cover the breadth of these challenges, while seeking to bring together experts at the intersections of disciplines to educate our community on the opportunities to develop mitigation strategies and to adapt plants to climate change. We will bring researchers from diverse disciplines together to exchange ideas and promote new collaborations to address this critical problem.
Covid-19 precautions and preparations:
The safety and health of all meeting participants is our number one priority. We hope to host an in-person meeting if it is safe to do so. We will adhere to all federal, state, county, city, and university Covid-19 safety guidelines. At this time, it is very difficult to know what the circumstances will be in late May 2022, but please be assured we will do everything in our power to ensure the meeting is held safely. Please see our Covid-19 Safety Planning and Policies document for more details.
- Joanne Chory, Salk Institute (virtual)
- Kevin Cox, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
- John Cushman, University of Nevada, Reno (virtual)
- Gary Felton, Penn State University
- Lianhong Gu, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Sheng-Yang He, Duke University
- Tracy Lawson, University of Essex, UK
- Steve Long, University of Illinois
- Ron Mittler, University of Missouri
- Wellington Muchero, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Theresa Ong, Dartmouth College
- Christelle Roberts, University of Bern. Switzerland (virtual)
- Tom Sharkey, Michigan State University
- Tom Slewinski, Bayer
- Christine Sprunger, Ohio State University
- Danielle Way, Western University, Canada
- Jeff Wood, University of Missouri
- Claudia Wagner-Riddle, University of Guelph
- Ru Zhang, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
- David Braun, Ph.D., Committee Co-Chair, University of Missouri
- Jeff Wood, Ph.D., Committee Co-Chair, University of Missouri
- Felix Fritschi, Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Abe Koo, Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Ron Mittler, Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Kyle Paddock, Graduate Student Committee Member, University of Missouri
- Lauren Sullivan, Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Jacob Washburn, Ph.D., USDA-ARS
- Ru Zhang, Ph.D., Donald Danforth Plant Science Center